Milford Instruments - DMX Protocol Converter

peternewman

Hi all,

I recently got a pair of the Milford Interfaces via eBay. I am planning to write some software to use one of them as a PC interface, however due to exams and other commitments I haven't got around to finishing it yet. So I was wondering if anyone knew of any freeware for Windows available to control it?

I could really do with using it with the software this Wednesday (30th). But if I don't have any luck I can just run the show, including the scan off our Sirius.

Milford Instruments DMX Interface Converter

I know they have some software available, however its not very good, I really need something with chases and a cuestack.

TIA

And this is my hundredth post. ;)

PN

• 2 weeks later...

I tried that (freestyler), but I caught it trying to add a rogue registry entry (spybot s&d has a registry watcher tool) which stopped it working when I blocked this entry from being allowed. It tried to go online too according to my firewall, tho allowing it on didnt seem to make any difference. Gonna install it again with the spyware working, then try firewalling it.

I too have one of those boards ya see but it seems to be bust atm. Might get the monaco / imq stage line one when I have some more cash.

Dave

Try lookig at www.enttec.com they have a public avialable USB dongle design including drivers and some application examples. They are also supporting the writing of a freeware lighting desk as a GPL'd deal.

They also supply schematics, sample boards ready built and metal cases all at a very low price. They are in Austalia so post may add a bit to the prices.

James

Try lookig at www.enttec.com they have a public avialable USB dongle design including drivers and some application examples. They are also supporting the writing of a freeware lighting desk as a GPL'd deal.

They also supply schematics, sample boards ready built and metal cases all at a very low price. They are in Austalia so post may add a bit to the prices.

If you buy one quickly, you might still get LightFactory (*) bundled with the dongle. I have bought one USB dongle, and had no snag getting it quickly and easy delivered to Norway. And it supports both 512 DMX ch, input and output, not at the same time though, so you need 2 each then.

(* restricted to 60 DMX ch or so, if you buy a lisence for around USD 500, it tackles 1 DMX universe. Max is 10 universes.)

• 8 months later...

I have the milford instruments card

There was a bug on free styler that ment the card and software wudnt work together but this has now been fixed and the card and software work fine if u download the latest version off the free styler website.

The software is really good for moving fixtures ect, isnt great (from what I can tell) for dimmers however.

Archived