USB Gooseneck Lamp for console

Neil Hampson

I now have a Jester desk, both at the school that I sometimes work at and a 48 channel one of my own, replacing the trusty, if not huge Sirrius, I am however struggling to get a decent gooseneck lamp for the Jester as it uses the USB port. I have tried several models ranging from £1 shop ones, one from PC world and even one from Stage electrics that cost me a fortune. I was not surprised that the pound shop ones were rubbish, just had no light output, but I was most dissapointed with the DAP one I got from stage electrics, it cost almost £30 but even though there are 4 or 5 LEDs the light beam is just a small 5cm diameter spot rather than a flood of light that covers more than the go button. The 'universal' connector also failed within one use, it's supposed to be able to lock in three positions depending on the orientation of the socket, but in the vertical position like for the jester, the connector is not strong enough to support it's own weight.

Can anyone recomend a decent gooseneck for use with USB, I am used to a proper Litttlite but I can't afford one their LED's

Yes, I've tried several of the cheap ones and in some cases you don't even get what you paid for them. hence me asking for recomendations of a decent unit, preferably from someone that has used one rather than someone who can use Google.

Regarding the desk lamp, I used to use a small desklamp, it's just when the desk goes out, it would be nice to be able to have a lamp in the case, it's one less thing to forget

Archived