Projector Placement - Software solution????

eventstudio

has anyone come accross any software tools to assisit with projector placement / lens throw / keystone / etc...

am working on some multiple projector projects and wondered is there was an easier solution than manual calculation and using the projection tool in WYSIWYG...

most want to work out how projectors need to be placed for edge blending

thanks,

• 2 weeks later...
has anyone come accross any software tools to assisit with projector placement / lens throw / keystone / etc...

am working on some multiple projector projects and wondered is there was an easier solution than manual calculation and using the projection tool in WYSIWYG...

most want to work out how projectors need to be placed for edge blending

thanks,

If you have access to an iphone/touch then there is a nice little projection app called projectioncalc that might be able to help you

Noheadphones

About the lens calculations they are very projector specific, most of projector companies has they're own lens throw calculators which you can download free on their web site.

About positioning for edge blended projections, I use Excel which is quite easy to make a calc sheet for a flat surface projections.

But.. I recall seeing a software on an australian company's site (they are Dataton's resalers in australia or something like this)

there you could download a demo, I'm sorry but I can't recall the company name..

Archived