Controlling hazer through desk

DRG

Am I likely to damage JEM 24/7 Hazers if I use a fader to control the level of output (from 0-100%)? I'm using HogPC (with expansion wings) to do this.

As long as you're talking about sending it a variable DMX level, and not doing something silly like connecting the power feed to a dimmer channel, then you'll be fine regardless of what kind of console you're using to run it.

The 24/7 Hazer has DMX control, and uses 2 channels... The first is for Haze and the second is for the Fan. As the others have said, as long as you don't put the power on a dimmer or something you'll have no problems.

All I'll say is don't wang the hazer up to 100% and expect it to work, as 100% is either off or reset! Something like that.

Stu

I've been using it like this for a while, and I was just having a moment of paranoia, thanks for calming my psychosis.

Actually, 100% isn't a reset, I don't think these units have one, at least it's not mentioned in the manual, nor does it come up when you turn the wheels on the Hog.

Ah sorry I was thinking of the 2nd channel, where putting the signal to above 245 gives you fan off, fog off and then heater off.

Stu

Archived