The Klez Virus

Guest lightnix

Guest lightnix

Ho hum, my regularly updated (hint hint) Norton Anti Virus software has just successfully fielded yet another instance of Klez H - the third one in the last week alone.

Klez is an evil little is an evil little b ;) st :** laughs out loud **: rd of a virus, which comes in a variety of flavours, the lastest being the "H" version. To read more about it click...

here

here

or

here

or check out the Symantec page here. For some protection against Klez, get a copy of the FREE version of the AVG Anti Virus software from here.

Otherwise please make sure you update your anti virus software on a regular basis and check for Micro$oft security updates for Outlook and Internet Explorer. We all know that viruses are created by sick people, but that's life and failing to take active steps protect yourself against them is the cyber equivalent of having unsafe sex.

Sorry if this has been a rant / lecture, but this is really starting to get up my nose now. I know updating Anti Virus software costs money and I know how much these damn theatricals hate paying for anything, but there are some expenses you cannot and should not avoid, if further and greater expense is to be avoided.

Have a nice day <_<

• 9 months later...
Guest lightnix

Well, it's still out there somewhere. I've just had two messages from automated e-mail postmasters, saying that they've intercepted the Klez virus in two of "my" e-mails.

I know I'm clean. Let's not drop our guards now, just because there hasn't been a "major" virus for a little while. All viruses can be pretty major, if they infect your machine.

Well, I'm pretty safe now - plastic NAT box hiding me from port scanning, on-access virus scanner, and Mozilla for mail and internet with ALL active stuff (Java etc) disabled in emails.

Don't see the point of having those available in email anyway - it's a letter, not a website!

But I was totally unimpressed by WinXP when first installed - within 30sec of connecting to the internet (to download the patches no less) it was infected by Welchia. Took a while to get the patches and a clean machine back then.

Archived