Approved Smoke/Haze machines

mrg198

I recently was involved with a production in which we we planning on using a Skytec Low fogger and Acme Hazer but we initially weren't allowed to use them in the theatre because they weren't on the 'approved' list of machines. Some investigation by the theatre staff and it appears that the list comes from the licensing authority and applies across london. The list was mostly dominated by LeMaitre / Jem kit but I was surprised that there was no Antari models on the list. I sent through the MSDS for the fluid and what info I could find about the machines (mostly instruction manuals) to the LA and we were given temproary permission to use the kit for the remainder of the run only.

Has anyone else ever come across this? I'm not sure what to do now as I've bought the kit and not sure where/when I'm going to be able to use it now if all the theatres in London are out!

Archived