Star effect for a prom

mamanic

Hi all, I am helping with our school prom and was wondering what is the best way to acchieve an effect whereby the tables are lit with a star effect? I was thinking a gobo?

Help on where to purchase or where to hire/borrow greatly appreciated!!!

Many thanks, Mamanic!!

Moderation: Name of topic changed to something more useful

Hi all, I am helping with our school prom and was wondering what is the best way to acchieve an effect whereby the tables are lit with a star effect? I was thinking a gobo?

Help on where to purchase or where to hire/borrow greatly appreciated!!!

Many thanks, Mamanic!!

Whats a star effect ;) ?

One of the common tricks/effects done at corporate functions/parties, is that there is a general gobo wash of the entire room done from above, perhaps not on the dancefloor though.. Along with spotting/high lighting the centres of each table if there's flowers or some soft of centre piece, this is achieved by using banks of pinspots and focusing them onto the table centres. Is that what you mean?

Now if your looking for something like a star gobo to projected onto each table, this would have to be done by using a profile, rigged above each table, preferably directly above so as not to blind people sitting there. Is it able to be done properly and cheaply? Impossible to say without knowing the venue, in-house lantern stock plus a number other factors.

T

In your profile, you mention you work in Cardiff.

I would suggest calling either of the below companies based there:

- Stage Lighting Services, Cardiff, 02920613577

- T&M Technical Services

They may be able to help or supply equipment. If you pay them a visit they may even show you the options available.

In your profile, you mention you work in Cardiff.

I would suggest calling either of the below companies based there:

- Stage Lighting Services, Cardiff, 02920613577

- T&M Technical Services

They may be able to help or supply equipment. If you pay them a visit they may even show you the options available.

thanks for your suggestions, we have hired from stage lighting before, I didnt think to call them but will do as soon as I get chance.

Archived