LD90 dimmer circuit count

karl

just out of interest what the breaker rated at on the main distro? could the spare channels be left as a safety feature because of overall loading? I dunno but might be worth a check.

That's very unlikely. It's quite common to have more dimming capacity than available supply, on the grounds that (1) not all the circuits will have lanterns plugged into them and (2) not all lanterns will be used at once.

Out of interest do you know who did the installation or dimmer upgrade (if that was the case)?

As I say it was before my time, it's an amateur run venue and seems to go through lighting directors at a rate of knots. I'll ask around and see if I can find out.

What codes do the LD90s display on power up?

I'm ashamed to say I have never paid much attention to the dimmers until we recently had a triac die on us. Hence the fact it never occurred to me before that we had spare circuits. I'll check the codes tomorrow, when I'm next over there. I have down loaded the manual now so I might stand a chance of getting to grips with the things.

just out of interest what the breaker rated at on the main distro? could the spare channels be left as a safety feature because of overall loading? I dunno but might be worth a check.

Again, I'm afraid I've never taken much notice, (God, I sound terribly slap-dash don't I!). The additional circuits that I would like wouldn't be about having extra lights (we don't have the lantern stock), it would be about being able to put lights were we often need them with out trailing extensions half way around the building. I appreciate that somebody might in future hire/buy loads more lanterns but as Dave said that doesn't seem like a good reason to waste circuits.

Just a quick update.

All four racks show 888 on powering up.

There definitely are 24 channels installed in each rack and the spare channels aren't connected to anything.

It appears this has been known about for a while but nobody's had the time and or funds to do anything in the past.

I shall add this to my list of things to address!

Thanks to everybody for the advice and suggestions.

Archived