Catalyst Users

Jack

Just thought I would stick a quick post up here to see if there are any Catalyst users around!

Have been know to hang around with Cats and Hippos --- :rolleyes:

ian H

Which do you preferrer? After the pain I had the other day trying to setup the outputs on a hippo to discover the graphics card priorities had been changed round in the bios I think I favour the Catalyst system now! Do you program via a light console?

Ian,

The graphics card priorities are different between version 2 and version 3. If they were the wrong way round then you must have had a system that had been setup for the system you weren't using if you see what I mean.

This may have been inconvenient at the time but the changes in version 3 for GFX card priorities have some distinct advantages. The main one being that in the event of a problem (which I would hope you wouldn't have) all error messages and other info would be displayed on your local screen and not slapped across the back of your set :-)

If you found the experience a little troublesome I would suggest a visit to HippoSchool which is hosted in London and occasionally regional areas of ther UK as well as being on tour wordwide throughout the remainder of this year. It costs a token amount, includes food and you will hopefully come out of it with the screen setup as a distant memory and with a rake of more useful techniques under your belt. Of course you might still come out prefering other systems but at least you'll be fully armed with the knowledge to make a decision.

Also, I hope our tech support guys did a good job with helping you out. We put a lot of effort into support so I would hope you got sorted before it became a show-stopper issue.

Ian,

The graphics card priorities are different between version 2 and version 3. If they were the wrong way round then you must have had a system that had been setup for the system you weren't using if you see what I mean.

This may have been inconvenient at the time but the changes in version 3 for GFX card priorities have some distinct advantages. The main one being that in the event of a problem (which I would hope you wouldn't have) all error messages and other info would be displayed on your local screen and not slapped across the back of your set :-)

If you found the experience a little troublesome I would suggest a visit to HippoSchool which is hosted in London and occasionally regional areas of ther UK as well as being on tour wordwide throughout the remainder of this year. It costs a token amount, includes food and you will hopefully come out of it with the screen setup as a distant memory and with a rake of more useful techniques under your belt. Of course you might still come out prefering other systems but at least you'll be fully armed with the knowledge to make a decision.

Also, I hope our tech support guys did a good job with helping you out. We put a lot of effort into support so I would hope you got sorted before it became a show-stopper issue.

Hello!

Once we got past the problem it was a dream to work with! I do like the hippo as it is very friendly to use, the effects are great and really make it stand out from the Catalyst system. The graphics card issue caught me out a little bit and it was for the reason you said. But now I know and should it happen again I can solve the problem with a certain degree of smugness!

No worries Jack.

Don't be a stranger at either our exhibition stands or Wood Green HQ. No matter what system you use, our PLASA stand will have a cold beer for you.

Cheers

Jimbo

Good to know, you can never have enough cold beers at PLASA...

Archived