whole hog training

andyparcans

just wanted to see if there was prefered training that any members had done and could recomend.

simple as.

Well then say that... :P .

Now that you've said what your after, I'd definitely recommend Whitelight's various level ones. Theyre good for general console use on generic & intelligent rigs. But, if your ever going to be using Hogs to run media severs/digital heads, have a word with Andrew at PI-Digital.. They do great training courses on general console use, but with a large dose of video use aswell.

T

ok ok, did not want to kick off ww3!!!!
Sorry if my OP came off as too provocative, but a quick search by me revealed 2x useful and recent topics.. Though yes there was also one or two from a few years back as well, which still IMO could have been worth trying. I know none were recent, personal recommendations, but I genuinely didn't get the impression you wanted to only hear from people who could recommend..

Anyways, the two recent topics are:

wholehog 3 training courses & Wholehog Training

Now yes, there's only a few companies mentioned there, two of which I've said here also, that's likely because there's not many companies running courses! But one topic contains a post by Chris Litz from Barco/HES stating how to request training in the UK and I'm sure if you emailed him nicely, he'd send you a list of UK companies that run courses, perhaps they'll be one or two we've all not mentioned before.

Good luck with the Hog3, its not too bad if your running a recent version of the OS. As I said, if your planning on doing video'y stuff, try PI-D.. If its for LX only use, Whitelight or Stage LX.

T

*Addition - Could also try this >> Wholehog Tutorials & Videos. Perhaps they'll be of some use to you.. T*

Just to clear this up. I do not work for HES before anybody asks, but I know them very well both in the UK and the US. I sent a PM to the OP when I first saw his post. After liasing with the HES regional manager, I sorted something for him. HES do offer regular courses and have ones upon request in the UK. There are plenty of peices of training information on the HES site (www.highend.com) under support and training. So for people searching for topics about this, I suggest you use the "reqesut for training" section on the HES site.

Regards,

Moderation: A number of messages debating the quality of the original question vs. the "friendliness" of the BR have now been deleted. Honestly gang, a debate about posting standards is far more disruptive to the Blue Room than the odd badly phrased question or snarky first answer.

Archived