TC M-ONE XL advice

ian hatch

Hi all

I'm after some advice on the operation of a M-ONE XL.

Just purchased one and read the manual and noted that it states that if the input pot is in the 12 o'clock position a builtin relay operates at PRO audio level IE:+4db and if turned it's then consumer level, that's the way I read it?

So the query is, I used it with a GL2400 desk and set it up as per normal AUX MASTER "0" AUX SENDS quite high about the 4 o'clock position and this seemed about right for the meters on the TC, but the return signal back to a balanced stereo channel was very low and I had to have the gain on that channel very high 3-4 o'clock position to get the meter levels up on the desk, is this normal for a TC product?

If I increased the input pot on the TC would this help overall as all the sends and returns seem high, if so are you then running the unit at consumer levels -10db?

Any advice greatly received

Ian

Any time I've used the M1, I set my master aux pot to 0db, turn up my channel aux pot until I see a good level on the TC (with the channel fader at 0db as it'll be post fade), not really worried about where the pot gets set to. On return, I usually have to set the channel to line level to give me decent input level at the desk.

To be honest, I've never really thought about it before. Green on desk at output, green on input at TC and green on the returns means all is good in the world of Chris. Any reds, I turn it down. Too low, I turn it up.

I think I'mm getting an M1 XL with a midas at a venue on sunday, so I'll actually pay attention to levels. It's a shame that it's become like riding abike actually. I quite liked having to think about every step, but too many fast soundchecks means I just look for good green levels.

EDIT: sorry, I meant to say that I have the input level on the TC at 12 0 clock. Just a good starting point.

Any time I've used the M1, I set my master aux pot to 0db, turn up my channel aux pot until I see a good level on the TC (with the channel fader at 0db as it'll be post fade), not really worried about where the pot gets set to. On return, I usually have to set the channel to line level to give me decent input level at the desk.

To be honest, I've never really thought about it before. Green on desk at output, green on input at TC and green on the returns means all is good in the world of Chris. Any reds, I turn it down. Too low, I turn it up.

I think I'mm getting an M1 XL with a midas at a venue on sunday, so I'll actually pay attention to levels. It's a shame that it's become like riding abike actually. I quite liked having to think about every step, but too many fast soundchecks means I just look for good green levels.

EDIT: sorry, I meant to say that I have the input level on the TC at 12 0 clock. Just a good starting point.

Cheers Chris for the reply, much appreciated.

Where you mention that you have to set the channel to line level, how would I increase the input level, bar having the gain set really very high on a stereo return channel, as I thought it gets set to line anyway when you plug the two jacks in.

Secondly the input level pot on the M1, do you know anything about changing Pro/Consumer Levels if you turn the pot as implied in the manual.

Many thanks

Ian

Archived