Wireless Audio

gallente

Heya. I've been asked to do a projection with allot of audio, but it has to go through the main sound system. Unfortunatly im positioned no-where near the sound desk. Is there anyway of sending the signal wirelessly? Its going from a laptop to a 1/4 jack socket.

Yes we have thought about me sitting closer to the desk, but that wouldnt work for other reasons.

Were looking at hiring, or buying if cheap. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

I have a number of Lemo>XLR adapters for my radiomic's. This mean I can use a standard dynamic Mic' or - in cases like this couple it with a passive DI to send a line level out to my recievers.

So that would work - however you should be concious of battery time on your transmitter.

James

You can get 2.4GHz hi-fi and TV transmitter/receiver pairs for about £50, but I don't know how good the sound quality is.

I've only used them for transmitting silent video, which they do quite well.

Only problem is that they have limited channels - there's only four in the band and adjacent channels tend to interefere a little on the cheaper ones.

Is there any real reason for discounting a longish XLR run?? Thats how we do it, with the suitable minijack to 1/4inch adaptor, and then 1/4inch to XLR.

You say it is a distance - but wireless will lose quality after a fair way, won't it????

Just a thought,

David

Is there any real reason for discounting a longish XLR run?? Thats how we do it, with the suitable minijack to 1/4inch adaptor, and then 1/4inch to XLR.

If you're going that route stick a DI at the laptop end to balance the run.

yeah we do but I didnt know if we could run through that. its an XLR connection. I dont know much about the sound set up, I just do the projections. ** laughs out loud **. so if we went out and got all the adaptars that should work then yeah? a 3.5mm out of the laptop into an XLR into the wall, then out of the wall with another XLR and into the desk with a 1.4 jack?

Archived