Allen + heath PA28

misterbassman

• 3 years later...

I chose a GL2400 over a PA28 after plenty of weighing up. Main detraction for me was the lack of direct outputs and only having 4 aux channels. Nevertheless, it's a very good way of getting into the AH market. But a GL2400 would always win in my book.

Still, quite a readily transportable desk for its size, especially with the nice big handle.

I chose a GL2400 over a PA28 after plenty of weighing up. Main detraction for me was the lack of direct outputs and only having 4 aux channels. Nevertheless, it's a very good way of getting into the AH market. But a GL2400 would always win in my book.

Still, quite a readily transportable desk for its size, especially with the nice big handle.

That is good to know but as I have A small budget and the PA28 is already tipping that. I dont need more than 4 AUX channels as I only do 2 monitor feeds anyway and the In Built FX will be fine for my needs.

I am going for it because of the 4way Semi-Pamaretric EQ and the Number of Channels. All in all a big upgrade from My current UB2222FX (I own 8 Radio Mics Alone. then there are the 7 drum, 2 piano, and numerous other mics that I hired a desk in for last week).

I have done Gigs with

7 Drum Mics

2 Keyboards DId

1 Bass DId

1 Semi-Acoustic DId

2 Electric Guitars DId

2 Woodwind Section Condensers

7 Singers

Plus CD for House Music before and After I managed this by using the Venue's 16Ch, 10 Year old, Mixer and my UB2222 for the Drums

Josh

from what I gather, its a good desk, and the ZED range inherit some features from it (like the preamps I think?). I havent tried the PA range itself, but I've used plenty of others, and they're nothing short of excellent. my opinion is questionably biased though, because I live a stone's throw away from the factory :)

is there any particular reason why you want a powered desk? I'd wait for the ZED range to hit production if you just wanted an entry level A&H desk, they're awesome.

Archived