Light Processor Q Commander

steve1981

I will look it up in my old notes if I can find it and pm you as this was not given out for a reason and posting I on a forum would go against the wishes of the manufacturer.

Ben

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Due to the wishes of the manufacturer being this password is not given out (hence it not being on the website or in the manual) I was willing to on one or 2 occasions but this has now had more than 20 people ask me in one way or another and I am going to ask you contact Lightprocessor directly on this issue now as there are many reasons that the password may need resetting and so these need to be investigated in each case to ensure the correct measures are taken to stop you needign a reset again.

Lightprocessor will be more than happy to help you on this issue and I'm sure Bob in the service department will never mind a call or email on the subject.

Ben

• 1 year later...
It might go against the wishes of the manufacturer, but most equipment I use tells you in the manual how to do a factory reset without having to phone up for a **SECRET** password. I once left a Q-Commander for 10 mins whilst I popped to the loo, and when I returned found some drunk fiddling with it who had managed to lock me out of the desk with a password he had set... The secret password seems to be a little short-sighted with regard to what happens in the real world.

It might go against the wishes of the manufacturer, but most equipment I use tells you in the manual how to do a factory reset without having to phone up for a **SECRET** password. I once left a Q-Commander for 10 mins whilst I popped to the loo, and when I returned found some drunk fiddling with it who had managed to lock me out of the desk with a password he had set... The secret password seems to be a little short-sighted with regard to what happens in the real world.

Firstly thanks for dragging up and resurrecting a long dead topic for no apparent reason other than to complain that you disagree with a policy set a very long time ago by a manufacturer.

Secondly not giving out the password to everyone has worked for light processor on a product that probably over 10 years old now...

If you leave a control desk without locking it where it is in reach of punters (especially drunk ones) then its not the manufactures fault that something went wrong and the blame has to land squarely on your shoulders. The desk is not easy to lock without knowing the existing password and you cannot change it without knowing it so its more likely that you had a password set and just forgot and all he did was to lock it with your password.

That all said was there a point of posting this on a topic that had been dead for 7 months?

Like buses, no QCommander posts for months, the two come along at once! Though I see they have both come through the same channels!

Just to put my two'penneth in on the passcode issue.... I was part of the decision on the passcode policy with regard to the QCommander, and the reasoning for the not-so-secret secret passcode was that we didn't want it to turn into another Masterpiece scenario (not a put down!) whereby the code was common knowledge amongst technicians, owners, djs and anyone else who happened to be able to work Google.

In some cases the code was given out by Light Processor to owners and operators who had a genuine need. In cases where the circumstances were suspect (i.e. was an Ebay purchase, or the person was not the owner etc...) we sometimes asked for the desk to be returned - and yes, it is a simple reset procedure, but the desk also got checked out and returned to the customer with our compliments.

There have to be levels of what some may call secrecy - others call it protection, otherwise there is no point in having the passcode there in the first place! As all us Masterpiece programmers know, a selection of 3 passcodes will get you in to any desk anywhere in the world. Having the ability to set an individual code and then put up with the consequences of forgetting it has - in my opinion - outweighed the grief of consoles being accessed by undesirables!

As I said.... just my opinion!

Maria

• 2 years later...

hai,can you help me .I have same problem ...cannot open menu

Does anyone know how to reset the password or gain access if the password is not known? Other than sending it back to Lightprocessor?

Steve.

Archived