Showmaster 48 - Puzzling Questions

LX-Dave

Hi

Our school uses a Showtec Showmaster 48 for lighting control in the main hall, but it has some features which puzzle me, and I can't seem to find many explanations online or in the manual, perhaps someone here can shed light (no pun intended) on the situation?

Firstly is Midi Connectivity; am I right in thinking that this is only for file dumps, and I cannot record midi data into a PC sequencer for real-time playback?

Secondly is the IEC (male) connection on the back of the console. I would like to know what this is for? I don't think it is power input, as this is provided via an external AC/DC transformer and DC input.

The third query (possibly linked to the second) is how to use the fogger control button; is this for DMX foggers? and if so, how do you set the address it uses?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

the IEC connector is the remote control connection for certain fog machines, but I always disconnect them as sooner or later someone will plug in a power lead, the fog button controls this output.I've never used the midi so I don't know about that.

Archived