Wharfedale Pro EVP-X15B

skennedy

Hi Guys,

A group I am involved with have two Wharfedale Pro EVP-X15B which are used pretty hard mainly as DJ sub woofers along with the X15 tops. At the last event we noticed that one of the subs seemed not to be working but the top was working fine when connected through the crossover. Upon removing the back panel and crossover, we noticed that the ground cable connecting to the Driver had broken the cobber pad from the PCB and hence had no electrical connection to the supply. These speakers are just over a year old and were purchased new. I was wondering if anyone else had any experience with such a thing happening.

Thanks

Simon Kennedy

Hi Guys,

A group I am involved with have two Wharfedale Pro EVP-X15B which are used pretty hard mainly as DJ sub woofers along with the X15 tops. At the last event we noticed that one of the subs seemed not to be working but the top was working fine when connected through the crossover. Upon removing the back panel and crossover, we noticed that the ground cable connecting to the Driver had broken the cobber pad from the PCB and hence had no electrical connection to the supply. These speakers are just over a year old and were purchased new. I was wondering if anyone else had any experience with such a thing happening.

Thanks

Simon Kennedy

Possibly a duff solder joint which has dried out over time, it could also be a sign that the cabinet has overloaded and the solder has gotten so hot it's melted! I think the first one is more likely though.

Archived