Mackie SA1232 - Low frequency drivers

yodominic

Guys, I have a pair of these but one of the cabs does not have original drivers and I want to either get some RCF drivers to replace them or something similar as RCF do not do any drivers for Mackie anymore. I have spoken to Mackie and the current drivers they have for these are some Chinese drivers at £130 each. The cabs are 1300w each with 1100w for bass + 100 mid + 100 top, has anyone got any ideas where I could get some old RCF drivers or any other driver that would match.

Are you having any problems with the box without the original drivers?

Have you had a look inside the box with the original drivers, any info? Ie, part number, rating, Impedance?

The Mackie forum may be a good place to start.

There is an RCF 12" driver here but I can't tell you if they would sound the same!

Are you having any problems with the box without the original drivers?

Have you had a look inside the box with the original drivers, any info? Ie, part number, rating, Impedance?

The Mackie forum may be a good place to start.

There is an RCF 12" driver here but I can't tell you if they would sound the same!

The only time I notice differece is when at high volume the driver does vibrate a little, the other one sounds very clean. I'm planning to open the other box to see whether I can get any part numbers etc. The power rating will be 550w I think per driver.

Archived