Recording Multitrack from a Roland M-400

kevlewins

Hi,

We have a Roland M-400 Digital desk with 2 REAC boxes. We currently record through some mains mix outputs to a PC installed with Audacity and a CD recorder.

This desk also has a USB recorder which can record 1 source only. Does anyone know of a fairly inexpensive way to record multi-track from the desk in order to mix offline?

Roland recommends a Ethernet out from the desk to a PC installed with Cakewalk’s Sonar software. I don’t have any experience doing this, so if anyone has any recommendations that would be great.

I've no experience of this system, or Cakewalk (well not recently anyway).

However, I doubt you'll find a cheaper way of recording multitrack. You've already payed for all the hardware you need, and the system is designed to do this.

I've no experience of this system, or Cakewalk (well not recently anyway).

However, I doubt you'll find a cheaper way of recording multitrack. You've already payed for all the hardware you need, and the system is designed to do this.

The software can be over £1000 though which means suggesting we have all the hardware is irrelevant. I have never done this before therefore I was looking for some advice on alternatives to this software

Unless I'm missing something you don't need to spend anything like that. The studio version should do what you want and is about £250. Even the producer version is much less than a grand.

Example of somewhere to buy it!

I don't know if the Roland system will work with any other software, but suspect that if it did, they'd advertise the fact.

Unless I'm missing something you don't need to spend anything like that. The studio version should do what you want and is about £250. Even the producer version is much less than a grand.

Example of somewhere to buy it!

I don't know if the Roland system will work with any other software, but suspect that if it did, they'd advertise the fact.

Thanks for that, your right the software is cheaper than I thought, I'll have to enquire with the people who we bought the system from what exact software we need.

Archived