Greased Lighting

robhall3192

Hi,

I know this is probably brought up year on year, but this year its my turn to ask.

School show is Grease....the want the car.

We have decided that the best way is to have a bonnent which can be lifted off to reveal the pimped car, and then removed for the end of a bed.

Any suggestions of the best way to make this...and look ok.

It can only be the bonet due to it being stored under a 6ft high platform, but the width and depth is limited.

Any suggestions appriciated. and understand if people get annoyed with Grease again

If you search "grease car" quite a few results come up from people who have done it before. Always try to use the search function before posting here as the answer is often already there.

For the bonnet, try a company called David Evans who deal with plastic mouldings. They might be able to do a custom made one. We've just bought some stuff from there and the quality is really good - not nearly as flimsy or as brittle as I thought it would be. Sometimes High Schools have their own plastic vacuuming machine so this might be something you can make.

Cheers

Emma.

thanks W/robe, you are absolutely right.

Does it matter that the posts were from a couple of years ago? Grease has been going many many years....! If they are of no useful info then that's different but just because theyre a bit old, doesn't mean they're not relevant.

cheers

Emma.

well the ideas are pretty similar...cardboard cut outs etc, we are after something realistic, more over, any people doing it aswell this year. I don know how true it is, but in our school many things built specific for a production get destroyed or re-made on the next show. - the pot can be closed if needs be.

Archived