IMOVE lights

michael

If you are going for budget movers its worth looking at the iMove 5 HID (150W Dishcharge) - the longer lamp life and higher light output are worth a few exra £££. They can be truss mounted - there should be two small brackets in the box, you will then need to half couplers and an appropriate safety bond.

I prefer to think of them as tributes.

Yeah they're made by Acme and are variations of their basic Spot-Knight, they're also available badged IMG Stageline, EVL, Chauvet, American DJ, JB Systems....

http://www.masfiesta.com/imagenes/productos/iluminacion/cabezas%20moviles/acme.jpg

Hi, we installed these units in a couple of venues in b`ham and cardiff, apart from lamp swaps etc. with regular cleaning they have lasted over 3...yes three years now with use 3-4 nights a week...nuff said...and have always found P :) rolight a good company to deal with.

I aggree with Chris the 150 discharge is the best version to go with if budget permits.

If you want a really good 150 watt moving head for €300 (remember german vat is 25 % so do the maths),

that has rotating changeable gobos, ultra violet filter , mechanical shutter, why not try www.conrad.de look under sound and light category,

then moving heads about the 5th one down on the pageis the Scanic Astute 150. I have bought several of these and can say they are very good.

The movement is very fast, not too noisy, only draw back is no split colours.?!

The I-Move IM5's are a perfect moving head for mobile DJ's and some low key installs, although I wouldn't reccomend using them on anything big as they're really just not powerful enough.

As others have said, the 150 HID version is probably the best as the discharge is one thing that makes them stand out.

They can be hung upside down like any other head by g-clamps or the omega brackets supplied.

As others have said, information is key. We can have 2 different opinions completely but it depends on what they're being used for in the first place. small-medium outdoor festival stage, or small-medium village hall stage?

MUCH more information is needed here to gain any good advice

• 3 weeks later...

Archived