guitar jack terms

parkhall45

I'm translating the presentation of a cable manufacturer's range of guitar cables and have been unable to find the correct "techno-speak" terms to explain that -as opposed to the product in question, where the tip of the jack is machined as a single piece with the part that goes inside the insert (stem) there are other less reliable versions on which the jack's tip is fitted in such a way that it could work loose through time... how could I decribe the latter (pressure-fitted) tips?

TIA :unsure:

Thanks for the links..... I'd already visited several Web sites and had no problem with single-piece component, but - as it is not a particulalry positive quality - have not (been able to find the correct description for a tip that is not all one with the pin that runs up to the connecting block (wikipedia shows on that screwed on, whereas I gather there are others that are pressure-mounted on the pin).... maybe I'll just go for "mounted on the pin"

Archived