Gobo holder for source four junior

BillyC

GH63 is the correct holder for the S4 Junior (or GH64 for glass gobos). Should be a holder with small lips at 90 degrees down each side. The iris slot and gobo slot are the same thing (got a small screwed on panel that you need to loosen to put the holder in - designed to accept iris, gobo holder, motorised gobo effects etc).

And as a slightly more general bit of useful information, the (freely available) Rosco gobo catalogue lists the correct holder for a very large range of lanterns in the front. It's also available on their website as far as I can remember.

GH63 is the correct holder for the S4 Junior (or GH64 for glass gobos). Should be a holder with small lips at 90 degrees down each side. The iris slot and gobo slot are the same thing (got a small screwed on panel that you need to loosen to put the holder in - designed to accept iris, gobo holder, motorised gobo effects etc).

I had a look in the manaual and there is a gobo slot directly in front of the shutters as well as the hidden iris slot. They quote in the manual that they are two different slots.

The ETC part number for their manufacturer produced Source 4 Junior gobo holder is 7062A1010, or add -1 on the end for a glass holder (Available from AC and presumably other ETC dealers).

Unless you are intending on using the iris gate in conjunction with this (for a rotating gobo or moving effect for example) I have never had any issues with using the GH63 & 64 in a junior and give a perfectly sharp image.

As far as I am aware DHA/Rosco do not manufacture a catalogue holder that would fit in this rear slot (but thanks for pointing out it has one - could be useful occasionally)

I have 2 types of gobo holder for my juniors ... the type that fit in the iris slot with the 90 degree lip on the sides and a "flat style" which do just manage to squeeze in the back slot just in front of the shutters ...

Archived