Rigging Pay

dombrown

Hi, I wanted to know what the going rate is for rigging, what's the starting amount? I'm fairly new to rigging, I've done a total fabs course and had a bit of experience in the field and wanted to know what to charge or expect to get paid?

Dom

Hi, I wanted to know what the going rate is for rigging, what's the starting amount? I'm fairly new to rigging, I've done a total fabs course and had a bit of experience in the field and wanted to know what to charge or expect to get paid?

Dom

Always thought riggers got paid in sarcasm and chalk, and get a special pickle as welcome present, with the experienced getting a cuppa made for them by the touring peeps, and having their miserable outlook on life tolerated! If you're good, might even get biscuits!

I'd phone a rigging compnay and se if they'll take you on, and what they would be willing to pay you, thats how most people I know sort their rate out, how much the people doing the paying are prepared to give you!

Hang on - £150? For a competent rigger, that could be a goer. For a trainee, absolutely not! If you take somebody on as a rigger, you expect that you can just explain what you want, and they do it, properly - without anyone else being involved. A person new to the job, if they know their limits will probably have a good idea of what to do, but if they need to get it confirmed or tested by somebody else, then they get the £150, and the assistant would get less - probably much less. Nobody wants to employ new and untested people at the full rate. I'm not a rigger, but I have colleagues who are. If I needed another one, then I'd want a proper one.

It's horrible, really - nobody ever wants a trainee, but that's how trainees gain experience. Catch 22.

Would you expect to pay a college student on a plumbing course the same rate as an experienced plumber? Going on a short course provides framework, technique and knowledge to some degree. You don't do the course and come out saying you are a rigger. Dangerous thinking.

Archived