Yamaha 02r

Kevin Ross

Am I just being more stupid than usual or is it not possible to route the analogue 2 track inputs on a Yamaha 02r desk to the stereo LR output? I know you can route the digital 2 track to the stereo output but cant for the life of me find how to do the analogue.

A gold star to the first blue roomer that figures this one out!

Are you trying to go directly to the output? If so, I don't think you can. You have to route it to an Input Channel in the normal way and, from there to the output but I'm pretty sure you cannot go directly.

....but it's several years since I used an 02R.

Bob

As I understand it they 2 track ins have to be routed to an input channel which is then routed to the stereo bus.

For example change the input routing for channels 1 and 2 to 2 track in instead of mic/line 1 and 2.

Hope that makes sense,

Mark

ETA - just beaten to it!

Are you trying to go directly to the output? If so, I don't think you can. You have to route it to an Input Channel in the normal way and, from there to the output but I'm pretty sure you cannot go directly.

....but it's several years since I used an 02R.

Bob

I can’t even see a way to assign it to an input channel! I can see that you can assign the digital 2 track to one of the stereo channels but not the analogue 2 track.

It’s not the end of the world but it would be nice not have to use a pair of phono to jack adapters when someone (normally a DJ) turns up with a “pro” mixer that only has phonos on the outputs

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

Thanks I will take a look tonight.

On the night I did not have time to play about as I had to defend the whole concept of a digital desk to the other engineer “ohhhh on my PA20 you just have to turn the fader up”, yes buts lets see your desk cope with 40 channels and see the size of the rack you need to drag about to give each channel its own dynamics and 4 band eq? and that’s before we even talk about recall and automation

But lets not start the whole analogue V digital debate again

I know this doesn't help with the problem that you are asking about....

...we always carry phono-jack cables(along with others like 3.5mm jk - 2 jks etc), if you use the profi phonos they are far more robust and reliable than the suspect phono cables that normally accompany our DJ friends.

Andy

I know this doesn't help with the problem that you are asking about....

...we always carry phono-jack cables(along with others like 3.5mm jk - 2 jks etc), if you use the profi phonos they are far more robust and reliable than the suspect phono cables that normally accompany our DJ friends.

Andy

I have a bit of a name for having lots of adapters and cables for such events ,that is what I am using at the moment and just pluging it into one of the stereo channels. It would just have been nice to get the 2 track input to route where I want them to go!

Archived