I need to speak to a rigging consultant.

James

Just some background information.

I've not been asked to do the sound design for this production yet. It's in about 6 months and Budget is so small as to be non existant so I will probably end up paying costs myself (as long as they are reasonable.)

OK - This is a fully re-enforced musical with medium band/orch behind and above the stage. This is in a converted octagonal church with balcony running round 3 sides of the square.

The bottom of the balcony is only 2.6m above the floor. There will be no audience in the balcony. and about 200 below.

The acting area (stage is normaly an inapropriate discription) is normaly the full width of the building (about 20m) and the throw front to back of audience is about the same (20m) I can't see any practical way of rigging a PA effectivly in this space other than flying a long length of truss accross the front of the stage as low as possible and then mounting my 4 sx300's on it. (In a L CC R configuration.)

There are a couple of structural RSJ's above where I want the truss to go so what I want to know is

• What ballpark cost will this be to mount a flypoint on a structural RSJ?
  • Is there anyone who would be able to quote on this in the understanding that I'm just after a price at this point?
  • Would it be possible for someone to just supply the points, flywire spansets etc?
  • If I purchase the truss would it be safe for me to remove it and re-attach it when needed without paying for a consultant to re-inspect , as In can I prove myself a competant person under LOLER or do I need letters after my name?

Please - If appropriate reply via email or PM.

James

Edit Doh - Caught out by the old location question

This is a venue in SW london.

Speak to Wolf @ Roadrunner rigging - he spends most of his time installing and load testing points, apart from that he's a bloody nice bloke!

www.roadrig.com

ph 01923 825714

Regards

Tim

Guest lightnix
Speak to Wolf @ Roadrunner rigging

Seconded. I've known Wolf for years and he's one of the few people I would trust absolutely 100% to hang something under which I was going to stand. Top bloke.

Archived