which is more finacially viable.....

i_broom_56

Guest lightnix

It depends on whether the shows they receive or produce are of interest to the theatre-buying public. If not, then neither will be viable.

That said, I suppose a receiving house will be able to take in shows with proven popularity, rather than placing bets on unknown quantities; but I'm no expert - so I'll stop now :)

More homework? then the usual blueroom response is "we don't do your homework for you"

if just "interested", (and it certainly could be an interesting topic), then the answer is the ususal blueroom "piece of string" - there are far too many variables for a meaningful discussion in response to this rather basic question.

Depends on which producing house you're talking about, and which receiving house. I work in a producing venue, and we're in a better state financially than some receiving houses. On the other hand, one producing venue in the east Midlands collapsed very recently.

You need to be more specific. You also need to not expect us to do your homework/assignments for you. If you tell us what you've done so far, what research you've carried out, what conclusions you've drawn from the information gathered to date and what your thoughts are, then we'll know that you've actually put a bit of effort into this and will be more inclined to help you.

Archived