Suggestions for multi use projector

AV Ian

We are looking to purchase a projector, for use in a school, with two uses in mind. I'm really looking for any comments or suggestions of projector models to look at.

I’ve been looking along the lines of a Christie LX500 with a ChristieNET adapter or a Sanyo PLC-XT35. Are they likely to meet my needs?

Here's the planned uses:

Use 1: Ceiling mounted in our smaller hall, front projecting onto a screen.

Throw = 5m

W = 3.6m

H = 2.5m approx

Aspect 4:3

Use 2: For back projecting scenery onto a white gauze drape.

Throw = 4m (ideally, but possibly a tad more)

W =4-5m

H = 2.5m approx

Aspect 16:9

Ideally we need the following features:

5000 lumen's up wards.

Networkable control via Ethernet or similar.

IR/Wireless remote

2x VGA

1x Composite

Input source via network link (cable or wireless)

4:3 and 16:9

WXGA

Interchangeable lenses that are readily available for hire.

We would be looking to purchase a suitable lens for use in our smaller hall as the projector will be sited here for 99% of its life.

Budget is £2500 ex VAT. (additional budget is available for lens hire)

I’ve been looking along the lines of a Christie LX500 with a ChristieNET adapter or a Sanyo PLC-XT35. Any other suggestions?

If anyone would like to offer any sales information, please do so via PM.

Thanks.

The LX500 and the PLC-XT35 are one and the same machine, made in the same factory, using Sony LCDs (or the older large XP series certainly used to). Some are lucky and get sent down a different conveyor and painted grey and put in Christie boxes, others get put into Sanyo boxes.

Both are native XGA resolution machines, with the ability to scale inputs over the native to resolution to the fit the panel, so neither will fit your desire for WXGA as a native input.

In terms of interchagable lenses, most companies hold lenses for the XP range of projectors, such as the XP100 and XP200. We only carry the short zoom and standard zoom lenses for the machines, but there is a lot better access for the XP range. However £2500 isn't going to get you a new XP series machine, even at trade prices.

I'll also reply to the email you sent us....

Archived