Acclaim Problem

Ali2580

Sorry if this is an amateur question....

I was at rehearsals for a show this afternoon which I am doing the lighting for. I turned the rig on and check it and one of the Selecon Acclaim PC's we have in the rig was not on. I thought I'm sure it's just the bulb so I brough it down and opened it up, took the bulb out and it was fine. So just incase I swapped the bulb for a new one and it still was not working.

I quickly checked all the wiring and it seemed to be ok, what is the problem? Any idea's?

Thank you for your help if someone replies.

One of the problems with the Acclaim is that sometimes the microswitch on the lamptray doesn't quite switch when you close the tray. Check that first. Second, it could be that the lampholder is burned out. This happens occasionally; take the lamp out and see if the pins are pitted and blackened. Changing them is a chore.

I haven't opened the lamptray since I had to put it up and I put it on the rig on Thursday and it was working then, would that still matter about the microswitch?

The lampholder of the Acclaim did seem to be really blackened, I did notice that as I took the bulbs out?

The lampholder of the Acclaim did seem to be really blackened, I did notice that as I took the bulbs out?
That'll be it then, new holder time. Don't keep changing the lamp, because the new lamp may work for a bit as the pins will be marginally larger than the burned ones, it won't last.

Archived