Broadcast Video Expo

peternewman

was planning wednesday - hopefully make some kind of decision on HD madness!

The number of definitions as to what exactly constitutes HD, let alone what formats we capture, process and distribute it in seem to grow by the minute! So good luck in sorting it out in a day :-)

Roll on 3D ......

Very true..

my brand new car (pug 308) is an HDi.. no joke. written capital H and D then lower case I...

the old one (pug 306) was just HDI..

Back on track....

Gutted I just noticed this thread, if not would've organised a wee trip with the new boss and I could've gone as "translator"/ drinking partner!

Next years calendar....

Yes, Thursday.

Looking to try and refine thoughts on the whole camera issue (Want 1920x1080 pixel, therefore HDSDI, but don't have cash for a studio system, and want more that HVR-Z1's on sticks.), have a good poke about on the AV-HS400 from Panasonic and see if there is anything else to match it.

Also looking to catch up with one of the chaps from Anna Valley to chew the fat and talk about a few possible shows coming up.

AND make it home to collect my son from nursery at 17:00....

Well I made it along today. Actually quite warm in there, lots of people showing off TV lighting. The inevitable selection of LED stuff, although primarily camera ring lights/panels here, rather than pretty looking flashy stuff. Also be prepared for lots of high resolution plasmas with out of focus pictures on them, where everyone is demonstrating their polarised 3D TV. I was slightly disappointed Quantel didn't have a proper stand, just the bar.

I did go over to Kramer, so I don't know if I spoke to you or one of your colleagues Nick.

Managed to see a few friends, colleagues and people I'd worked with before. I also had a play with a steadicam, which was kind of fun.

There's a rather spacious looking OB truck on the right hand side, about half way along, with the sound desk in the cab. Also a very tall mast cam setup that's worth a look, in a similar position. There is also a stand with more 3D HD, but they're also demoing some boxes that make use of the DIRAC compression system created by BBC R&D, the clever thing being, it can be passed down a standard SDI link, and you actually get a visible, if rather low quality picture, on any SDI equipment, which all seemed rather neat. Then you can reconstitute it to the HD signal at the other end, if you're interested, thats on stand K36.

Archived