can't stop the haze!!

torch1972

We are at the end of the third week of our run and the Le Maitre MVS Hazer has just started to play up. We are controlling it from the lighting desk (Jester). We turn the machine on it goes though its start up cycle then after a few seconds the hazers just starts pumping out and not stopping. I have tried having the lighting desk on and off, all faders at zero, unplugging the DMX, having the hazer in manual mode but nothing stop the machine from pumping out haze. I have to say I am not sure even why the machine starts to pump out haze. Any urgent help would be great!!

Thanks

We are at the end of the third week of our run and the Le Maitre MVS Hazer has just started to play up. We are controlling it from the lighting desk (Jester). We turn the machine on it goes though its start up cycle then after a few seconds the hazers just starts pumping out and not stopping. I have tried having the lighting desk on and off, all faders at zero, unplugging the DMX, having the hazer in manual mode but nothing stop the machine from pumping out haze. I have to say I am not sure even why the machine starts to pump out haze. Any urgent help would be great!!

Thanks

Turn of the power to it?

Are you sure its selecting DMX mode at startup? It doesn't auto sense DMX, it needs telling. If its on manual then it'll just pump out at whatever it was last set to.

yes you have select the DMX but thats what we have been do for the last 3 weeks.

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

Thanks

Turn of the power to it?

Yes cause id you turn the power off then it stops. But that doesn't fix the problem.

• 8 months later...
This reminds me of a show we did a few years ago and the hazer was linked to the control board, we had a person who didn't know what he was doing (all he had to do was press a button) and he turned up all his faders, the hazer came on and he couldn't get it off, the cast were coughing, no-one could see.. what's best of all is that its on DVD!!

How stupid.

You should always have someone who knows what there're doing on the desk when opping a show - even on a basic level of board operation.

Its all very well when things are going ok and a button just needs to be pressed, but then they also need to be able to react when something goes wrong and be able to correct it.

Archived