Avalanche Spray

sam.henderson

What are you doing with it ? Bugsy Malone splurge guns?

I've used it 2 or 3 times for Bugsy and had very few problems with it - expect for controlling the kids who are firing it everywhere for the big fight at the end!

The only thing I would say is if you get it on your black serge flats or black tabs then clear it up at the end of the show - don't leave it until the next day or you will end up with white marks on your blacks. The white marks will come off, just takes a bit more time and water rather than a quick wipe down with a cloth after the show.

HTH

I found that as long as the costumes are wiped down at the end of the performance then you should be OK. Otherwise the same as your blacks, you will end up with white marks on them, which will come off with a bit of water and rubbing. The worst ones are the boys in their suits - mainly because the suits are normally dark except Dandy Dan. And being little boys they like to leave bits of costume all over the floor so you don't find it until the following day!

Those are the times that I'm glad I am on stage and not a chaperone!

As for suppliers I usually went to the local joke/party shop and asked them to supply. I always asked for a discount for bulk supplies plus another discount for an ad in the programme!

Good luck!

• 3 years later...

Sorry to bump up such an old thread.

I wondered if anyone could tell me how much spray you get in a can of Avalanche? Using it for the usual (Bugsy),adn wondering how long a can lasted. Does one show heavy use, two shows medium use sound about right?

It's been a while since I last did Bugsy but I seem to remember getting 2 shows out of one can. Depending upon your length of run you could always buy a few cans, see how they go and then get more during the run .... or if you don't have the time to do that try buying the avalanche cans on sale or return.

As above, it's a while since I did Bugsy but I'm sure we got two shows out of each can (one can per gun obviously!)

We did the show in a studio type theatre with a VERY close audience so something I had to do was make a set of "see through shields" which were handed out to the front row of the audience at the beginning of that wonderfully messy final scene.

I wonder - does anyone use Avalanche for anything other than Splurge guns?

Archived