Sennheiser Radio Mics

Conscript

I wondered if anyone knew if the Sennheiser G-I ew100 systems can be partially/fully upgraded to ew300 or ew500, with wire links or the like?

Obviously the receivers need several additional components to support the XLR output, but perhaps the transmitters can have the 300 series battery check feature enabled, or even the 500 series remote battery monitoring?

Has anyone any experience in this area?

• 4 months later...
Sorry, cant answer question but it's not just G2 ew500s that have remote battery monitoring. My school has just got a pair of G2 ew100 lavaliers and they have transmitter battery status on receiver.

no...

the displays on the mics and the receivers are completely different for the higher spec models - so even if you could con the tx into sending out its battery level the 100rx couldn't display it.

and as an aside the g2 100's are far superior - expecially the body pack transmitters and the fact that they only cost half as much to run on AA batteries.

Archived