Behringer EP2500

misterbassman

The EP2500 is a knock-off of the QSC RMX2450. If you can afford the extra, go with the latter. If you shop around, you might be able to get them for about £450 inc VAT.

You don't mention what your speaker setup is, but be wary of running budget amps into 2 ohms per channel (4 ohms when bridged). Most of them don't like it, even if the spec says it's OK.

I've been lightly using 2 of the TA 1400's for the last year and haven't had any problems with them I will probably be getting a TA 3200 and some more 1400's soon.

James

• 3 months later...
Guest lightnix
The EP2500 is a knock-off of the QSC RMX2450. If you can afford the extra...

As with all Behringer equipment: find out which piece of equipment they've knocked off and buy that instead.

The EP2500 is a knock-off of the QSC RMX2450. If you can afford the extra...

As with all Behringer equipment: find out which piece of equipment they've knocked off and buy that instead.

I Haven't seen anything to show that the DDX3216 or DCX2496 are anything other than original products though...

James

agree 100% on the Thomann amps - really bullet proof - one warning on the 3200 - nothing at all to do with the performance - the mains lead is captive and is way too big to fit a 13a plug - a 16a with the rubber cut to the biggest mark is ok. That said, it is a really solid amp, and although very heavy - in a case, it's fine.

For what it's worth - mine have been abused quite badly - speakers disconnected while running full tilt, power supply constantly cut by defective fire systems - always comes back on without any problems. unlike many that have to have pots turned down before powerup if you don't want a nasty bang through the cabs.

paul

hi,

just been reading this thread so I thought I'd checkout the thomann..

is this correct??!

T.Amp TA1050 II, Power Amplifier, 2 x 525 Watt 4Ohm for £168 ?

seems a little cheap.. are these RMS ratings?

I've got two peavy impulse sub500's (or something like that) think they are 320w @4ohms..

what do people recon about using one of those amps for driving my subs..

and the:

T.Amp TA1400 II, power amplifier, 2x700 W/4Ohm, 2x450W/8Ohm

for driving my tops which are peavy impulse 200's or something (again 320w RMS but @8ohms)

rgds

chris

pretty well evry thomann own brand is aggressively priced - sometimes they're extremely cheap - other items well over the top. A while back they were doing strand quartet F's cheaper than anyone I could find in the uk - now they're not. most stuff is always limited life - I guess they just buy a container, and when it's gone - it really has! They often do chinese kit, rebranded with their own t-bone brand. I bought some mics - stereo pair, wooden box, stereo bar, as reviewed in SOS with a different logo on - for about £60. Always been very reliable and typically german to deal with.

Archived