Prepping of Hire Equipment

jonaldridge166

On friday I prepped some of my hire stock to go out for a conference. Yet the customer did not wish to hire an all inclusive system but only the bare bones of a system.

Generally for conferences I have a mixer rack. with a basic soundcraft mixer with a few outboard units such as compressors, gates, amplifiers etc... and this is all wired up behind nice, smart, easy to use blanking plates and patch panels.

As mentioned earlier the customer only wanted the bare bones... ie mixer and amplifiers...

I was just wondering what other peoples policies are to wards this sort of thing are as I have just sent out the gear as it is without removing the outboard gear....

Is it worth removing the equipment that is not being paid for or just let it go out anyway seeing as it is only for 2 days....

I just wanted some ideas as to what you guys think.... :D ;) :rolleyes:

You probably need a seperate rack to house your effects

From my own limited experience I would say its safe enough unless you are doing a disco pa hire

Djs rarely listen to advice about the pa in my opinion

thats why its important to have a controller/protection unit in the rack

At least if its being driven too hard then the controller will kick in -hopefully

Rusty

Archived