Accountant Needed Urgently

blackbird

Ok, I am officially useless, and have left my tax return until now. I really need to get an accountant to take a look at this, as I ended up doing part freelance and part PAYE, and it is making my brain hurt.

If anyone has any recommendations of an accountant in the London area that would be much appreciated.

On a related note, having never done this before, what ballpark will I be looking at in fees?

Thanks!

On a related note, having never done this before, what ballpark will I be looking at in fees?

Depends what state your accounts are in. I did mine in Sage, entered invoices/receipts daily, reconciled the bank accounts each month and generally kept good records, Cost me £400pa as a ltd company.

If all your invoices/receipts/bank statements are shoved in a shoebox then the accountant groans, then rubs his hand, then books a holiday and you pass out with the cost.

HTH

I have 1 full and 1 part time PAYE jobs as well as my freelance work, some of which is for my part time employer so I know what it is like.

I would recommend my accountant but he is in West Yorkshire, though I am in London, and I guess that at this stage sending stuff in the post etc. may be getting too late.

If you want his contact details let me know.

Guest lightnix

My (wonderful) accountant is based in Wembley; although - like many other accountants - he's usually snowed under at this time of year... by last minute "emergency" tax return work :)

Drop me a PM if you need the details ;)

TBH, if you have a simple return - look at Taxcalc - nice easy bit of software which files online for you and is backed (I think) by HMRC. The PAYE part is easy as you just enter the P60 details in. Your PAYE accounts dept will have worked out the basic allowances etc (presuming you were not on "emergency" tax code. This means you will pay full (22% tax) on income earned in self employment. You can deduct all expenses used solely in the carrying out of your business.

Archived