EAW speakers

misterbassman

Hi everyone,

I have found 2 x EAW KF853 and 2 x EAW KF853's going cheap. What do people think of these speakers? On the site the description says they are long throw but doesnt state an optimum throw can anyone advise? And how unsuitable would these be for short throw applications?

many thanks for your help

Dan

They are exceptionally good speakers, but very long throw and very little use for long throw.

If I remember rightly they are a 3 or 4 way box and they require a separate EAW crossover and lots of amps!

The KF 853 is a 2 way, bi Amped box, with a 30 X 30 degree dispersion. They're designed more for throwing long distances and more as part of an arrayed system, so whether they are good would depend on what you need them for......

Im ideally after some speakers I can use for anything....from small indoor gigs, to larger outdoors gigs. I know this isnt going to happen perfectly. I was wondering how bad they would sound in a largeish hall to 2-300 people. Many thanks for your help

Dan

In a very long thin hall they might be OK but apart from that they would be idea as most of the sound the punters heard would be reflections off the rear wall.

The only way this would work well was if you had 2 or 3 boxes per side to give the horizontal coverage then you would have a great system.

HTH

Ok thanks for your help everyone. I think I mite try adn get the bass cabs but leave the tops as teh 30 degree dispersion is too narrow.

Failing that can anyone recommend some good speakers upto £1500 I'm looking for about 3KW+ I dont mind if they are second ahnd as long as tehy are in good condition.

many thanks

Archived