CAD Programs

I wanted to use a CAD program to design my rig. But as our schools tech Budget will not be able to pay out the full price for it.. is there away around paying the full price ie student discount. Thanks

Andy,

Why not use Turbocad LE and the symbols you can download from Modelbox for free?

Works for the Pro's, so I'm sure you'll be able to use it for what you want to do.

HTH

Stu

Auto Sketch is another CAD package that is very reasonably priced, it also has the benefit of being a Very cut down version of auto cad so helps a but if you ever have to work with auto cad.

James

on a similar vein, what 3D modellers are there out there for v.little outlay?

I.e like stardraw, but for less [I know it's not too likely]

only problem with wyg student version is the lack of 3d imaging; I find it v.handy to try out the scale of the rig and how things fit.

cheers

Another Sugestion,

Have you thought of drawing your plot by hand?

If you draw up a scale drawing of your normal venue, print out the modlebox symbols and cut out templates.

Just a thought,

James

iirc theres a student version of WYG design only (no 3D stuff) around for about £80. I'm looking into getting it myself.

Just need to step in on this one.

Wysiwyg Design Educational IS "3D stuff" as well as all the paperwork elements and the ability to do 3D renders of your drawings including turning fixtures on and off (from within the program only)

The UK list price for this is Educational Edition is £390.00 (Full retail List price is £1113.00)

Wysiwyg Report Educational is the 2D version of the above but does not include the ability to render.

It does however work in 3D although you cannot see it this means that both programs are completely interactive.

The UK List price for this educational edition is £75.00. (Full Retail List Price is £417.00)

If you want acutrate prices please email me off forum.

AGAIN PLEASE NOTE THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE EDUCATIONAL EDITIONS AND THE NON EDUCATIONAL EDITIONS APART FROM THE PRICE AND THE EDUCATIONAL EDITIONS HAVE A LOGO IN THE BOTTOM LEFT HAND CORNER OF PLOTS TO PREVENT THE PRODUCT BEING USED COMMERCIALLY.

Regards

Andy.

Archived