GLP Impression Hire

tvi675

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for someone that hires out the GLP Impressions (or any of the same unit under a different brand name!), preferably in Hampshire. A search has found White Light, Hawthorns and DRP Group have them but ideally I'm after someone a bit closer to home!

Thanks,

Matt

Hello Matt,

Coloursound have the GLPs available, still London based but definately my top tip!!

Cheers

Andy

Yes, forgot about them. They will most likely have a lot in as well, since Neg took over the Kooks :) You could also try ELP, although they are strictly not London based - but we have found ELP (or what used to be Meteorlights if your as old as me) have lots of kit in London, so you may strike lucky...

On a tangent, does anyone know how much these units cost to buy? You MAY find, that if they are as cheap as they look (no offense intended to GLP, but they don't quite look as expensive as the Giottos) you may even find it cost effective to buy, if hiring for a long time...

To be honest, I live in Hampshire when not in the US, and I don't know of ANY companies in that area, unless Ringwood counts? AJS are in Ringwood, and possibly worth an ask.

Thomann used to stock them.. Not anymore though for some reason! A look around google for websites that tapped into thomann's website reveals the units sold for £2523.28 each.. So not as cheap as you'd think!

Yes, forgot about them. They will most likely have a lot in as well, since Neg took over the Kooks
Oh.. I thought CSE just subbed them in for when they still had the Kooks. My mistake :).

Oh and to confirm RML do have Impressions. In both black/'normal' as well as chrome.

T

Hello Matt,

Coloursound have the GLPs available, still London based but definately my top tip!!

Cheers

Andy

Cheers for that, shall see what CSE can do!

You MAY find, that if they are as cheap as they look (no offense intended to GLP, but they don't quite look as expensive as the Giottos) you may even find it cost effective to buy, if hiring for a long time...

To be honest, I live in Hampshire when not in the US, and I don't know of ANY companies in that area, unless Ringwood counts? AJS are in Ringwood, and possibly worth an ask.

It's for a one off gig so I don't think the band will want to shell out for them! I've had a look at the AJS site and can't find any mention of them but will give them a call nearer the time to see if they have any.

Cheers,

Matt

Oh.. I thought CSE just subbed them in for when they still had the Kooks. My mistake :).

Quite possibly. I have been in the US for the last few months, and I remember bumping into someone who said that CSE had lost it to Neg, so quite possibly they did hire them in...

I have been out of the UK circuit for some time, so really only get half the information fed to me in casual conversation about happenings of the UK.

Oh.. I thought CSE just subbed them in for when they still had the Kooks. My mistake :rolleyes:.

Quite possibly. I have been in the US for the last few months, and I remember bumping into someone who said that CSE had lost it to Neg, so quite possibly they did hire them in...

I have been out of the UK circuit for some time, so really only get half the information fed to me in casual conversation about happenings of the UK.

CSE purchased the Impressions for the Kooks tour (fact). They have at least twelve of the units available if they're not already out.

http://www.etnow.com/news/2008/5/glp-makes...-with-the-kooks

vbm

Archived