Being Accepted

mjriley

simple answer. live with it

you say your 13 which means you still have a long way to go at your school so there is plenty of time for you to have your turn.

I've been doing a show all week with 12 people just for lighting for some silly reason. dispite only letting them come 2 nights each we still had trouble keeping the few of them each night entertained.

personally I have more trouble with the cast and band as they think they are above us techs but we got made sure they new their place last night when the band stopped a song a verse and chorus early of the song before the interval.

I've been doing a show all week with 12 people just for lighting for some silly reason. dispite only letting them come 2 nights each we still had trouble keeping the few of them each night entertained.
And there was me thinking I had trouble keeping 3 sound techs occupied for one night.

personally I have more trouble with the cast and band as they think they are above us techs
I also have trouble with cast/band and crew relationships. I think you can partly blame the atmosphere when you have the whole band and cast hanging about and talking while waiting for the techs to set up, which makes the cast frustrated that they can't get going and puts the crew under immense pressure, as it makes it hard to deal with people calmly and in a civilised manner. Some of our crew (probably including me) come across quite arrogant. It's something we're working on.

Often the cast and band (especially at school) don't know quite how much work goes into the tech side. We found when we had a technical rehearsal where the first half of it was the whole team working flat out to build the scenery before they could start. Once the saw how hard we were working, they became much nicer and it apparently gave them some motivation to put on a really great show.

but we got made sure they new their place last night when the band stopped a song a verse and chorus early of the song before the interval.
It would be interesting if you would expand on this story...

Moderation: All that seems to be happening is people expanding on later posts, not the OPs original one. It does seem to be time to close it. If anyone has anything genuinely useful to add, please contact any moderator and we'll consider openng it again.Paul mods

Archived