Identify the profile

mark_s

Evening all :P

I'm after a lantern ID if anyone can help from the description below.

The body looks similar to a Prelude (and looks roughly the same size), although the gate looks more like it's from a Cantata. There's a red stripe running horizontally down the top of both lengths of the case. The two focus knobs are black, but the tops of the knobs are red. The focus handle is on the left of the rear of the case. There's also a fresnel version which is pretty much identical to the profile.

The reason I'm asking is that I need to source some colour frames for them, but the lanterns are currently hanging in a very high place which I don't have access to. Anything which points me in the right direction is much appreciated :P

Regards,

Mark

I know exactly what those are, Ive just forgotten the name. We have them in our studio space. Lemme go check in my file. If I remember rightly the Company name is 3 letters long or its acronym is.

EDIT: Cant get to my file its in the theatre and im at home.

Does the ADB eurospot ring a bell? ADB Eurospot Fresnel

Profile version here ADB Eurospot Profile

Colour Frame size is 125mm x 125mm

Their website shows them without the red stripe, or I could be barking up the wrong tree.

After a quick search with Google Images (and finding the manufacturers website), gareth is correct.

Not a Comma, but quite possibly a Curva or Forma. Without having a closer look I can't say exactly which of the two it is, but it's definitely one of them.

Thanks for the swift replies :P

Edit:

Having read the dimensions, it's almost certainly the Forma. I'm not the best at estimating size, but I think I'd notice a difference of over 200mm!

Archived