WYSIWYG Fixtures facing the wrong way

_Qwerty_

Hi all,

My first post so don't shoot me if I am doing something wrong please!

I'm playing arond with the WYSIWYG R22 Demo for quite a while now but when I build a truss structure and hang fixtures in it they sometimes face up instead of down or forward instead of backward (you get the point wright?)

Is there a way to get the fixtures facing the way I want them to face?

Regards,

_Qwerty_

P.S. I am Dutch so I apologize for my English

Zoom in and move your fixture to the right beam(of the truss). Problem is there allready for years now, doesn't seem to be resolved.

Sometimes it is better to change to side view or front.back view to make it easy for yourself

Thanx! I figured it out. Just replacing rotating fixing and replacing rotating fixing it until it finally faced upwards instead of sidewards.

Hope they will fix it in R23...

As others have said, getting your fixtures facing the right way in a uniform manner is all down to having your hang structures correctly orientated. Once your pipes and truss are sorted, it's a breeze - but be prepared to do some fiddling when it comes to getting them that way (and connected together, in the case of truss!).

I find WYSIWYG's truss construction rather frustrating. When set to "snap to" as you do for building truss, it seems random in how it picks which facet of the truss to "snap" together. Unfortunately this is made worse by the fact you can't tell the truss is all mixed up until you start hanging fixtures and they hang differently almost every time you pass a join in the truss!

If you right-click when placing truss you can manipulate the "snap to" orientation, but the correct way is not always obvious.

To counter this I have taken to quickly hanging a fixture each time I join a group of truss, especially if it's a serious structure.

As to why it changes it's mind about which way it hangs truss; I have no idea.

It would be useful if Wyg' could somehow indicate what it thinks is the "top" and "front" of truss as you handle it, then you would easily spot any errors as you go. (Obviously Wyg' thinks truss has top & front or it wouldn't effect which way your fixtures hang)

Maybe R23 will address this, but I wouldn't count on it.

(Hmmm, this reminds me of a question of my own; time to start a new topic....)

The Truss issue will not be fixed in R23 but it is a major improvement planned sometime within the next 4 releases.

This issue has been around for years and you can only get round it with practice. The cheap work around is to build your truss correctly (You will then find it a pain in the arse to hang fixtures.) Drop a pipe directly in front of the truss hang your fixtures and then go to a side elevation and butt the pipe right up to the truss so that it is invisible. For all intenses and purposes, fixtures are hung on the truss and it makes your life a lot easier. Does not work too well with curved trusses.. Even with the ability to curve pipes.

The Truss issue will not be fixed in R23 but it is a major improvement planned sometime within the next 4 releases.

This issue has been around for years and you can only get round it with practice. The cheap work around is to build your truss correctly (You will then find it a pain in the arse to hang fixtures.) Drop a pipe directly in front of the truss hang your fixtures and then go to a side elevation and butt the pipe right up to the truss so that it is invisible. For all intenses and purposes, fixtures are hung on the truss and it makes your life a lot easier. Does not work too well with curved trusses.. Even with the ability to curve pipes.

Thanks for the update Andy.

Is there a dedicated Wyg forum anywhere? This is the closest to it I've found so far.

Also is there anywhere that lists proposed features for future releases, it would help a lot in justifying subscription costs if we could see what the improvements should be. (and somewhere to submit feature requests)

The Light Network has a dedicated Wyg forum. www.lightnetwork.com

There is no real place you can see whats coming soon, however if you are registered with Cast you should receive their newsletter - "The Plan" this does contain info about what they are doing.

Requests can be submitted directly to Cast Lighting.

Thanks for the update Andy.

Is there a dedicated Wyg forum anywhere? This is the closest to it I've found so far.

Also is there anywhere that lists proposed features for future releases, it would help a lot in justifying subscription costs if we could see what the improvements should be. (and somewhere to submit feature requests)

Well I'm willing to start such a forum dedicated to WYSIWYG but then it's not official... But as far as I know there is no official forum or a forum dedicated to WYSIWYG...

The Light Network has a dedicated Wyg forum. www.lightnetwork.com

There is no real place you can see whats coming soon, however if you are registered with Cast you should receive their newsletter - "The Plan" this does contain info about what they are doing.

Requests can be submitted directly to Cast Lighting.

Thanks for the link, I've had a quick look and already found answers to a few questions. (I really should find the time for some Wyg training)

I don't know why this site never showed up when I've searched google before.

Archived