Recones.com

richie1575

I've never used them but Roy (proprietor of RMJ / recones.com) is highly regarded on the Speakerplans.com forum, so I don't think you'll have any problems.

Since you mention Shuttlesound, I'm assuming you need some EV drivers reconing... Bear in mind that Shuttlesound will be using genuine EV recone kits (with their associated pricetag) and Roy's prices for EV recones are for his equivalent kit made up of British parts. How these compare in terms of performance and therefore how well they match with other cabs with genuine EV parts in, I don't know. They will certainly be good quality, but how good a match... not sure on that one! If you get him to recone with a genuine EV kit, the price will probably be fairly similar to Shuttlesound.

I've never used them but Roy (proprietor of RMJ / recones.com) is highly regarded on the Speakerplans.com forum, so I don't think you'll have any problems.

Since you mention Shuttlesound, I'm assuming you need some EV drivers reconing... Bear in mind that Shuttlesound will be using genuine EV recone kits (with their associated pricetag) and Roy's prices for EV recones are for his equivalent kit made up of British parts. How these compare in terms of performance and therefore how well they match with other cabs with genuine EV parts in, I don't know. They will certainly be good quality, but how good a match... not sure on that one! If you get him to recone with a genuine EV kit, the price will probably be fairly similar to Shuttlesound.

Roy has priced with genuine EV parts at £75 per unit (as opposed to £95 from Shuttlesound). Not a great deal of difference, but I do what I do as a hobby the money has to come out of my own pocket! Thanks for the recommendation!

Richie

Archived