ETC Express wireless focus remote / riggers remote

JamieR

As a result of reading the other recent thread on the Insight 3 wireless remote (can be found here), it got me thinking. At work we have an ETC Express 48/96. Is there a wireless remote for the express, in the same sense as the one that can be used with the Insight 3? Another good example is the Strand wireless riggers remote. It'd just be nice to have some form of remote control of the desk from when on stage or anywhere else in the auditorium.

I've had a look through old topics regarding the Express but haven't found anything.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Jamie

Edit - I know the Express has ETCLink on it - would the Wireless Remote Focus Unit (WRFU) (found here work with the Express if I created a small network between the two? What's the difference between ETCNet2 and ETCLink?

OK - update, have now found the answer I'm looking for. Didn't look hard enough on ETCs site!

we have a wiress riggers control - I shall edit tomoz with the details , and it works on any desk. Basically the receiver plugs into the DMX between the dimmers / distro and the desk - whatever it is and away you go!!!

On the handset you toggle between the "riggers control" and "desk control" - and it has all the usual features of bring up one or mulitple channels at any intensity etc etc

Very handy bit of kit. Ive used it on other jobs in churches and warehouses - so easy to plug and play into any system.

For anybody interested I will flag up the details tomorrow caus I need to go look at it for make / model details!!!

OK - update, have now found the answer I'm looking for. Didn't look hard enough on ETCs site!

For the reference of those who Google this topic, I assume you mean this:

http://www.etcconnect.com/product.overview.aspx?ID=20009

Yes, that's the one. Sorry, forgot to post it for others!

And cheers for the leads guys, I'll take a look. If you could post that mate that'd be appreciated!

Cheers

J

Archived