ETC Wireless Remote

aart

Hello all,

I´m working with an ETC Insight 3 and a wireless remote. This is not a PDA, but an old fasioned big black box with a lot of buttons. Most buttons are labled and don´t need explication, but there are 4 buttons with a blank label. I supose that these are macro buttons that trigger special macros. What I am wondering is if anybody can tell me witch macro´s are triggered by these buttons (if any).

Thanks, Aart

:stagecrew: No it´s bigger. Tomorrow I´ll take a picture to show you. It has more then 20 keys (I think there might be up to 29). One of them is the M* key to call macros. To the left of this key are 4 keys that have instead of white letters, a blanc rectangle above it. When I press one of these keys no input is shown on the monitors, but the leds on the remote control and the reciever indicate that there is cominication. Therefore I think that these buttons triggr macros and do nothing since these macros are not recorded. I might try to record various macros and see if it triggers one of them, but the Insight 3 admits macros 1 thru 3000 so this will take a lot of time with no garantee to a result...

Thanks so far.

Aart

M* as I know from ETC means press this button and numeric keys to execute the macro, recorded with the same number as the numeric input. Sure that will work. The keys to the left are possebly macro 1 to 4, seen this on a remote (not wireless) for an Obsession.

I suggest you record a macro number 1 and 2 and a macro number 6 (or higher) and try to execute these as dicribed above.

Succes

:) Oops, it seems that it´s not possible to upload the pictures I´ve taken. I´ll discribe the wireless coltol instead. It has 31 buttons. 6 rows of 5 buttons and a power button in the low left corner. The buttons are labeled as follows:

Blanc, Blanc, Blanc, Blanc, M*

Go, Back, Rec, Clear, Enter

7, 8, 9, Chan, Cue

4, 5, 6, And, Group

1, 2, 3, Thru, At

-, 0, +, On, Rel

On

This device is been used for years and the only question we have is how to use the blanc keys. They do not trigger Macro 1 to 4. I already tried that. I think I´ll create a show with a lot of macros that can be identified easy when executed (e.g. chan 02 and 14 and 35 full as macro 245). It quite some work tough so if anyone knows what macros will be triggered this would help.

Greetings from Valladolid, Spain,

Aart

Thank for the tip.

Here is a picture of the remote control:

http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq88/aart_v/picture067.jpg

And a close-up from the buttons

http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq88/aart_v/picture068.jpg

Since the board has direct keys for macro 1 to 5, we have macros recorded here. (show next/ prev channel, [group] to call subs and save show) The thing is that they don´t work from the remote control. I´ve created a show file (on the off-line) that has several macros. I hope that tomorrow I´ll have time to check these at work. If I find an answer I´ll post it here.

aart

Archived