Smoke machine. Pump or heat block?

djsteviec

I have a smoke machine which is a l;ittle bit poorly. It was poumping smoke out a little strange for a few weeks and now completely stopped. There is a clicking inside when the button is pressed but nothing is coming out. I do not know if it is the pump, heater block blocked or both.

Does anyone know of a way of testing?

I dont want to buy a new pump if it is the block or both as I might aswell just buy a new one. but I don't want to buy a new one if it just one of them.

How do I test the pump?

How to I check if the block is clogged?

All comments welcome.

Thanks

Steve

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

I have a smoke machine which is a l;ittle bit poorly. It was poumping smoke out a little strange for a few weeks and now completely stopped. There is a clicking inside when the button is pressed but nothing is coming out. I do not know if it is the pump, heater block blocked or both.

Does anyone know of a way of testing?

I dont want to buy a new pump if it is the block or both as I might aswell just buy a new one. but I don't want to buy a new one if it just one of them.

How do I test the pump?

How to I check if the block is clogged?

All comments welcome.

Thanks

Steve

ok... an update.

I have just taken the output pipe out of the pump and turned it on. Once it had heated up and the green light come on, I pressed the button. Nothing came out of the pump. it hummed and I could feel it vibrating a bit, but nothing coming out. Am I right in thinking that this is probably the problem?

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

Sorted it.

It was dirt buildup inside the pump piping.

Archived