Comfortable Headphones

Johnno

25 members have voted

1. 1. Is there such a thing as comfortable headphones?

• Yes, and it's ...
    • There may be a better land where bicycle saddles are made out of rainbow, stuffed with cloud; in this world the simplest thing is to get used to something hard.

My DT150s are comfortable, though you do have to remove them every so often to prevent clammy-ear-syndrome...

My E2cs are comfortable, even more so now that I have them attached to my elacin moulds (courtesy of an adaptor ring from thomann).

Perhaps I have odd-shaped ears, but I simply couldn't get on with E2Cs, having tried them with my Ipod.

I have an old pair of Sennheiser HD-something-or-others (might be HD450? Black, open design, with subtle red bits, anyway!) which I've had for about 20 years and they're still as fab as ever - really comfortable, and they sound amazing.

I find my Sennheiser HD25's comfortable but I did switch to the velour pads rather than the plasticky ones.....they made my ear pinnas itchy and sweaty! :rolleyes:

I also have a pair of Bose QC2's (the whole ear noise cancelling ones). Hardly aware that I'm wearing them on plane flights.

Sennheiser hd25's all day every day! Tried and tested to destruction just about the only enclosed cups I find comfy (could be my ears) But seriously for the price the reproduction vs volume vs isolation is second to none. A close second is my (really) old Redeff closed cups but I look like a cyberman with them on!

I used to use a borrowed pair of AKG K271 headphones, they sounded good and were quite comfortable. On the occasions where I have been wearing my HD25s for extended periods of time I have longed for them. I think the 271s sounded better also. That said, the HD25s are an excellent workhorse.

If you are happy with open-backed headphones, you have plenty of choices.

phillip ivan.

Perhaps I have odd-shaped ears, but I simply couldn't get on with E2Cs, having tried them with my Ipod.

I have an old pair of Sennheiser HD-something-or-others (might be HD450? Black, open design, with subtle red bits, anyway!) which I've had for about 20 years and they're still as fab as ever - really comfortable, and they sound amazing.

I really like my E2Cs. I didn't get on with them too well at first but since I bought some comply foam tips they have become a joy to use.

Archived