Avo Pearl quick reference guide

gareth

Avo themselves do a potted version of the manual, although it's very basic.

Is this on the Avo website somewhere? Can't find it ...

The one thing I really need to know at this particular point in time is how to mask out attributes when I'm recording memories or chase steps - e.g. a fixutre has both an intensity (so I can see it) and a pan/tilt value in the programmer, how can I just record pan/tilt and ignore intensity (in other words, what's the equivalent of pressing the "Use F" softkey on my lovely Hog)? Or is it just a case of recording the entire programmer contents, then going back into what I recorded and editting the intensities to "off"?

The one thing I really need to know at this particular point in time is how to mask out attributes when I'm recording memories or chase steps - e.g. a fixutre has both an intensity (so I can see it) and a pan/tilt value in the programmer, how can I just record pan/tilt and ignore intensity (in other words, what's the equivalent of pressing the "Use F" softkey on my lovely Hog)? Or is it just a case of recording the entire programmer contents, then going back into what I recorded and editting the intensities to "off"?

Don't record the entire programmer contents. Set up your state (be it a memory or a chase step), select an attribute you don't want to use. Press the OFF button, and then choose from the menu (i.e. Turn OFF dimmer for selected fixtures.)

Example:

If I'm recording a pan-tilt only chase, I do the following:

Select all the fixtures I am using

Turn on the dimmer channels etc so I can see them

Press OFF and choose "Turn off selected fixtures"

Then only adjust the pan and tilt from then on, recording the chase in the usual way.

Even though the "light is still coming out of the hole" the programmer doesn't pay attention to things like the dimmer attribute (unless I move it). You can check this on the screen by viewing the output for the masked attribute, it should say something like

1-OFF

2-OFF

Whereas on the attribute you are using (pan, tilt in my example) the screen will show shomething like

1m128

2m96

Whereas on the attribute you are using (pan, tilt in my example) the screen will show shomething like

1m128

2m96

...and it's that 'm' you want to watch for, as it indicates that attribute has been modified in the programmer.

Don't record the entire programmer contents. Set up your state (be it a memory or a chase step), select an attribute you don't want to use. Press the OFF button, and then choose from the menu (i.e. Turn OFF dimmer for selected fixtures.)

Thank you, kind sir.

I knew Off would come into it somewhere, but I couldn't quite work out where - the manual doesn't seem to be especially clear on that point.

{Thinks} : (grumble) ... still prefer the Hog ... (grumble) ... :** laughs out loud **:

you could also set the record attribute to Record by channel, this way only the parameters you change are recorded into the step / memory. an easy way to ensure you dont get your intensities mixed with colour / position, is to record a temporary intensity memory

Guest lightnix
you could also set the record attribute to Record by channel, this way only the parameters you change are recorded into the step / memory. an easy way to ensure you dont get your intensities mixed with colour / position, is to record a temporary intensity memory

That's the way I do it, I find it much easier than messing around with the OFF button :(

Archived