Compass Switcher repair shop in UK

Graphics_Guy

Hi Blue room,

We have a COMPASS Presentation Switcher that has crashed and now won't come out of the crashed setting. SO it is stuck and we are struggling to think of ways to fix this trusty old piece of kit.

We were storing a screen grab into the Compass but at 1280 res. Sadly the old Compass didn't like this resolution and crashed and now is stuck in this mode on the menu when we switch it back on and won't allow access to the main menu.

Any suggestions on how to reset or send for repair in the UK.

Many thanks

David

blitz have a repairs department, they also have a few Fsr/Folsom compass switchers..u may even find that barco/folsom will repair it

So can u not even get into the menu's to factory reset it? The compass's I have used have all been fine at 1280/1024 or 1280/720 and I've never had 1 crash during the frame grab.

I will 'ave a word with the technician guys as I am just a Dataton Watchout guy so switchers are a bit of a mystery to me - no easy to use windows type menu = incompatible with me!

I had just heard that a big repair bill in the US was wot was needed and felt sure that a UK co. could fix it (or someone shud RTFM).

So thanks John I will stride onto the labyrinth that is the repair room on Monday and pass on your words of wisdom.

Regards,

David

Archived