Flybe and Ryanair

paulears

Give it a while and they'll start weighing the passengers and charging accordingly.

Believe me it weight really is an issue they WILL do it. The lighter the plane the cheaper it is to run.

Seems sort of fair to me as why should I pay the same as a 200kg fatty?!?

And the sooner they start weghing the passengers the better! I got home after the pub one evening about a month ago and turned on the box "Air Crash Investigations" was on. Not something I'd normally watch, but couldn't be bothered to turn over. They were covering a short haul commuter plane crash. They found that the ting was seriously overloaded as a) it was xmas and everyone on board was loaded up to the full baggage limit and b) the "average passenger weight" that was used to calculate the loading was WAY off. OK, this lot were Americans and more overweight than us Brits, but the principle is the same.

The plane took off, went nose up, stalled, and hit he ground VERY hard. :)

Give it a while and they'll start weighing the passengers and charging accordingly.

Believe me it weight really is an issue they WILL do it. The lighter the plane the cheaper it is to run.

Seems sort of fair to me as why should I pay the same as a 200kg fatty?!?

And the sooner they start weghing the passengers the better! I got home after the pub one evening about a month ago and turned on the box "Air Crash Investigations" was on. Not something I'd normally watch, but couldn't be bothered to turn over. They were covering a short haul commuter plane crash. They found that the ting was seriously overloaded as a) it was xmas and everyone on board was loaded up to the full baggage limit and b) the "average passenger weight" that was used to calculate the loading was WAY off. OK, this lot were Americans and more overweight than us Brits, but the principle is the same.

The plane took off, went nose up, stalled, and hit he ground VERY hard. :)

a little OT, but this reminds me of my "international touring days" (well, the Channel Islands, at least) where our little 7.5 tonner was weighed in with the big boys and marshalled on to the ferry in a specific order to a specific place on the car deck - it took for ever and we got very bored, but we were happy that such care and attention was being given to the principle of not capsizing.

On the way back, no such precautions. turn up, straight on, parked up, straight up to the bar. Did wonder if we were less safe than on the way over....

We had a similar experience coming back from Germany the other week I think the excess baggage was about 2400 Euro between twenty of us after a six week tour. Last week flybe wanted £13 just to check in our bags

Still there's no such thing as a free lunch.

Archived