akg wms400 problems

amosuz

I have had 8 wms 400's for a couple of years now and they have been ok I have very limited knowledge.

Lately just with the recievers on, without any transmitters on, the af signal is clipping and bangs a loud rf sound throught to the desk can anyone help me with this please as desparation is setting in.....

I have had 8 wms 400's for a couple of years now and they have been ok I have very limited knowledge.

Lately just with the recievers on, without any transmitters on, the af signal is clipping and bangs a loud rf sound throught to the desk can anyone help me with this please as desparation is setting in.....

Hi

its not a product I am familiar with - tend to stick to Sennheiser nowadays, although the new Trantec S5.5 look interesting. Anyway, it sounds like RF interference - does the receiver have a squelch control on the back that you can adjust ( often a small pot that is rotated by a screwdriver) or if it is a digital interface ( as I say I dont know the product) then the sequelch may be in the menu system. Anyway, you may find by turning up the squelch ( which is sort of the threshold that below which the receiver rejects RF signals) you may remove the problem. It will probably have the effect of reducing the range of the system slightly at the same time though, although to be honest operating radiomikes on the limit of their range is always a bit risky !

Hope this helps but let us know

Hi

its not a product I am familiar with - tend to stick to Sennheiser nowadays, although the new Trantec S5.5 look interesting. Anyway, it sounds like RF interference - does the receiver have a squelch control on the back that you can adjust ( often a small pot that is rotated by a screwdriver) or if it is a digital interface ( as I say I dont know the product) then the sequelch may be in the menu system. Anyway, you may find by turning up the squelch ( which is sort of the threshold that below which the receiver rejects RF signals) you may remove the problem. It will probably have the effect of reducing the range of the system slightly at the same time though, although to be honest operating radiomikes on the limit of their range is always a bit risky !

Hope this helps but let us know

Thanks I'll give it a try the squelch is in the menu

Archived